“And with this chiropractic adjustment I use all the power and energies moving the Universe, to allow my fellow creatures the chance to live, free of disease. I wish nothing in return, only the chance to give. I give with the only thing I have, Love. And I love all by removing that which interferes with 100% life.” Dr B.J. Palmer – Developer of Chiropractic.
I suspect one of the reasons chiropractic has been so successful is that love was at its core from the beginning. I know what Dr Palmer meant: that he only wanted to be a pure channel for Universal Love. And love is the essence of all healing of course!
BUT: I also remember when the giving/receiving balance changed a few years ago and I think that nowadays it is important to receive as much as we give. And this is why:
- to keep things in balance in the grand cosmic scheme
- to be replenished always: If we constantly give without receiving, we burn out and can’t help anyone any more
- because when we accept to receive, we become more vulnerable and so we risk more of ourselves and become more engaged in the cycle of giving and receiving
- because when we accept to receive, we take deeper responsibility for what is created in the giving/receiving exchange and we experience the fullness of what can be created (much like a woman ‘risking’ pregnancy)
- because when we give always and don’t receive, we don’t take responsibility for the creation of our material world and I mean that on the deepest level of existence and creation that you can imagine
- because when we allow ourselves to receive as well as give, we cultivate the all important quality of humility
- because that is exactly how love works: it increases, multiples and creates through giving and receiving.
I just received the most phenomenal, deep healing today that embodied that point exactly! In the receiving, I was engaging more of creation and giving.