Emotional Detox With the Flu
I think we only really suffer from things like the flu if we have been resisting an emotional or spiritual change so the physical body takes over and ‘grounds’ us to force us to think about the consequences of our actions like a parent does with a reckless teenager!
And while each individual person reacts to a ‘bug’ in a different way, each illness also has its own general purpose and challenges us in specific areas of our lives to give us a chance to heal them.
Which brings me to the current ‘swine’ flu. It has all the usual flu symptoms but some are unusual or unusually strong.
1. very high fever, repeatedly: that’s good because a fever is a great purifying fire that burns away toxins in your body, including old emotional toxins. As well as creating an environment in which it is difficult for the virus to thrive of course. Fever can also alter your perception and allow you to see things you don’t usually notice.
2. vomiting and diarrhea in some people. Unusual for a flu, but more detoxing right there!
3. of course this flu gives you the usual shivers. But it is also particularly painful in your JOINTS which means that it is cleaning impurities in there, for those of us who have control issues and don’t let go easily.
4. deep breathing issues with this flu, which is about repressed and unexpressed SADNESS. It seems to clean old, very old sadness, all the way to the bottom of your lungs. (unless you had done that part of the work before of course!)
5. violent, painful sinus infection: that’s about not crying when you need to as well as irritation with someone who is close to you. So let go, cry and say what you have to say to your loved ones!
6. lasting in many cases 3 to 5 weeks, this flu is unusually long and tiring and therefore really debilitating: again that’s about letting go. When you are so tired that you are disabled, the only thing you can do is let go, allow other people to help and learn to receive!
7. the swine flu keeps coming back. Every time you think you’re getting better, it comes back, with another twist, another layer, a deeper issue: it feels like the Divine Hand grabbing you back and saying: “Not so fast! There’s more: LOOK DEEPER! SURRENDER into it instead of fighting it!”
8. Because it is such a serious illness, you really need to REST. In our society of super heroes who can keep going for ever, this flu only goes away when you SLEEP A LOT. For days.
9. It makes you hungry. Unusual isn’t it? Most flus spoil your appetite or numb your taste buds. This one makes you feel like you want to EAT. Makes sense to me: it goes well with REST
With this particular virus spreading so fast and affecting so many I really think that swine flu is supporting Planetary Awakening by guiding us to:
- detox sadness
- detox resentment
- detox toxic relationships
Truly deeply happy people (and therefore most children) avoid it all together or have it more lightly and recover much faster than sad or resentful individuals is my observation.
The Divine and our bodies are so wise and always find a way to get us to let go and grow!
I hope for YOU that you can learn all those lessons gracefully and WITHOUT getting the flu!