An Answer to Fear
“Think of the remedy,” a Sufi friend taught me 11 years ago. “Don’t look at the problem, see the person already healed, in their wholeness.” It applies to situations also. See the situation already healed.
Beyond my outrage and sadness, I had to shake off insidious depression born of the illusion of powerlessness and to regain inner peace. This is what I have come to about this madness of institutional police racism being currently allowed and condoned in the USA. This atrocious, chronic behavior comes from fear (mostly from white men) and from some wanting to control and dominate a perceived, fictitious threat (black men in particular and people of color in general). So the remedy is going to be the same as always:
- Empowering Feminine energies into being more powerful and supporting Masculine energies in being more vulnerable, in both men and women.
- Holding respectful balance between co-creating masculine and feminine energy (that’s the end of Patriarchy part).
- Strengthening the respectful empowering witness also. One of my teacher calls it the shiva consciousness.
- Healing yourself where you vibrate to that pain so YOU can be stronger and remain an AWARE and respectful beacon of Light, a channel of Divine Love.
- Taking action you feel you can take in the manifested world when you are in alignment with healing truth.
I am a healer, so my action is to send Love into the world and to teach individuals how to heal themselves. If you feel call to sing, protest, write, become a lawyer or a judge, join a union, create fairly paid jobs go for it! We need all of it!
When you have a moment, read this Rumi poem carefully, with an open heart:
moving in you, a joy.When actions come from another section, the feeling
disappears.Don’t let others lead you. They may be blind or, worse, vultures.Reach for the rope of God. And what is that? Putting aside self-will.Because of willfulness people sit in jail, the trapped bird’s wings are tied,
fish sizzle in the skillet.
The anger of police is willfulness. You’ve seen a magistrate
inflict visible punishment.
Now see the invisible. If you could leave your selfishness, you
would see how you’ve been torturing your soul. We are born and live inside black water in a well.
How could we know what an open field of sunlight is?
Don’t insist on going where you think you want to go. Ask the way to the spring. Your living pieces will form a harmony.
There is a moving palace that floats in the air with balconies and clear water flowing through, infinity everywhere, yet contained under a single tent.